Friday, May 4, 2012

Shake It Out

Okay so pretend that that last post was Thursday's and today is actually today's. Because I wrote that one Thursday afternoon and never got to publishing it because all this happened yesterday afternoon and evening. Or if you don't care about the simultaneous entries then just relax and don't.

We didn't think we would make it to hear any Jazz Fest music on Thursday. SV and I had no idea we would make it to see what you might call the most magical show I know I've ever been to. I have nothing but good things to say about our afternoon adventures yesterday.

It was a bit of a cloudy day. It was supposed to rain. And when we got to the fairgrounds, (in record timing by the way), the sun started to come out. 

Lots and lots of people. Florence + the Machine about to start. 


She's wonderful!


I am such a huge fan. Especially after having seen her live. She knows magic. I can't stop listening to her music now. Hypnotizing. 

Another sky shot. 

You can tell from my overextended fingers how excited I am to see this performance. 

So happy. All the people around me (except for these other two girls by my side) thought I was a lunatic. But you know what? I don't care. It was so awesome I had to dance. I really don't care what anyone thinks when it comes to dancing. 


Shake it out shake it out!

Sun shining on SV!

After Florence, we listened to a band called the Iguanas, who were good too. SV dancing with the hips and the hippies. 



Loving the people watching. 



I try not to miss sunsets no matter where I am. 

Afterward, we went to Amanda Talley's place. She is a New Orleans artist. 

I loved everything about her art and space. We were there to feed her dogs.

Entrance hall of her place. 

Oh yeah...

So much fun for me. I couldn't decide which one was my favorite. 

Her newest one. 

SV feeding Phil and Zippy. 

Ah.

Then I chose my favorite in her gallery. Some day...


Phil. Made me miss Jacksey. Wonder what he's doing right now? 
Today at the pool. Just kept looking up. 
Also got to see Grace Potter last night at the House of Blues. Blew me away.
Gearing up for more music tonight. I couldn't ask for more, but I know there is more.

Positively,
Liza Jane


1 comment: