Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thank You

Thanksgiving.

Give it up.

The holiday has always been special to me. Now it's special and big. My husband's mother's side of the family is humungous. There are babies, and dogs, and children, and games, and goats, and casseroles, and carnival rides. I'm just kidding. I don't know that a blow-up bouncy gym thing (so eloquent tonight) is considered a carnival ride, but I know I've seen one at a carnival, I know I have.

A few good women. One of them hogging the baby.

AND still hogging the baby. This is my little niece. She gives me fever. Baby fever.  But I don't have it that bad.

The family is so big that half the picture had to be cut to fit into my dinky little blog. Big Jackson took up too much room.

And so there you have it. Might be Mississippi's biggest Thanksgiving feast. 

Will and I got engaged on Thanksgiving in 2010. He asked me what I was thankful for, and I said "YOU!" Because I'm smart like that. But I didn't see it coming. Here comes ole Jackson with a box around his neck, walking through the very kitchen I sit in right now. And Jackson knelt down, and then Will did, and then I did. Then I got up because I realized I was getting proposed to. Then I started crying. Then I got really nervous and started sweating and got back down on the floor? Then I started shaking. 

Whatdoyaknow? I said yes. And then he drove me to this Hines Family Thanksgiving feast where I was overwhelmed. With what? Um emotions, raw emotion. And lots of people. And animals. And TONS of food, and people all over the place. 

Adaptation continues. I'm a happy camper. And a thankful one. 

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. For everything!

Abundantly,
Liza Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment