Sunday, December 1, 2013

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Liza's...all day long. 


And this is exactly what I look like. Bright-eyed and beautiful with jewels in my hair, exactly like Audrey Hepburn. 
(When I was a little girl and first saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, I wanted that to be my life...wild and free in a beautiful, scant apartment in New York, being chased by men. But then I realized that Holly Golightly was a sudo-prostitute. Then I thought maybe it wasn't the life for me). 

By the way, a heroine named Holly Golightly would never fly with book critics now. Just making a note of how things have changed. 

And this song from the 90s bugs me so much. Even before pregnancy irritability. I mean, if you only have one thing in common and that's some movie from the 60s, I think, maybe, it's time to let go. 

Anyway, breakfast at Liza's is 24/7, non-stop, all day, everything and anything on the menu. 
You can have any type of weird or interesting breakfast you want over here. 

I could have breakfast all day long and often do these days.  I just had two. I'm about to have my third serving right now. Now that the yogurt course is over, proceeded by the waffle with almond butter on top of it. I think I'll have a helping maple brown sugar oatmeal now. And then around so-called lunchtime, I'll have an egg with some spelt bread. 

And so the breakfast never ends for me. 

If we're talking about breakfasts,  I'd like to pay homage to my favorite breakfast place, the Beacon in Oxford, MS. (Runner-up Pancake Pantry in Nashville). 


Everywhere I go, I search for a place like the Beacon. Recently, Will and I got to go. We sat in a cozy booth, drank an endless supply of coffee (don't worry, I restrained myself, and remembered pregnancy) and I ordered almost everything on the menu. I had the pancakes, I had the biscuits, I had the oatmeal, I had the grits, I had the eggs. Everything but the greasy meat parts of the menu (which I did considerably eyeball). 

Friend Sarah came here every morning in college. They stopped asking her what she wanted eventually. I was so jealous they knew her name. But she went there way more than I and so deserved that medal of honor. 

So here's to doing whatever the hell you want! Eat seven breakfasts if you want to. It might be weird, but you know there's something very sacred about being a weirdo. Unless you're a creepy type of weirdo. And then maybe get some professional help. 

Besides eating breakfast helps to boost the metabolism. Now that life is flying, 
I'm savoring my quick metabolism for all it's worth. 

Satiably,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment