Monday, February 4, 2013

Sweet Inspiration

Inspiration happens in different places, obviously. And there's no telling how much inspiration one can get from the ocean and sunshine. Even rain (which we have definitely had a lot of that but hey, this is the tropics). 

But to be inspired by the Super Bowl? That's unexpected. I cried 5 times. I don't want to talk about it, but yes, 5 times. And most of those were over commercials that moved me. I get moved easily. 

Yesterday, we took a boat down Monkey River. We rode through a lagoon, then down a river, then walked through the jungle (fast because the mosquitoes were incredible). We saw some howler monkeys in the trees. A little baby one swinging from limb to limb. 

Now I'm no stranger to reptiles because I live in the Delta, but on the way back down the river we saw this:


It's a freaking crocodile. We were so close. 

Anyway, inspiration. Like fresh air in my lungs. 

Breezily,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment