Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sweet Escape

Okay I want to say this is the rainiest day I've seen in a long time. So it's driven me to the cup. 

I'm here to confess that I am drinking dark hot chocolate milk, while eating a piece of milk chocolate, and I just finished off a piece of a Hershey bar. I'm also thinking about walking across the room and getting one of those dark chocolate mint balls from that bowl I have over there. But thank goodness, I feel full. 

I've already worked out today. But I think there's an endorphin shortage because of several natural factors going on in my life. I don't know what's going on with this chocolate thing. In Yazoo City an hour ago, I almost did a dangerous U-turn on Highway 49 because I wanted a chocolate milkshake so bad. Really, Liza? It's in the 40s here.

Before the Oompa Loompas start dancing around in a chorus about a hypocritical chocolate-gluttonous yoga teacher, I'd like to look each one of them in their reddish-orangish faces and say, "You don't know what it's like to be a woman!" And then add, "At least I don't think any of you are women. It's kind of hard to tell actually. Well, no because the voices in the songs are male. So no. You don't know what it's like!"

Anyway...easy to get off on a tangent. Hey now, you had it easy. I was about to go off on a tangent about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and how I really liked the snobby girl that went down the egg shoot.

I'm thinking this rain is cozy until I have to drive in it in an hour or so to go to Jackson for a farmers' cocktail party. 

This is how I cope with non-desirable weather: Let your mind take you some other place. I just got back from a beautiful place so I think I shall return in my mind. 

View from the dive boat. Yes, there was diving. No it wasn't me. You can guess who did the diving.

Howler monkey in a tree. Belize. 
Or Paris. 


Or Rome. 


Or Fiji. 


Before you start rolling your eyes and saying this is so hokey pokey, too la-tee-dah for you, listen up, this whole world is built upon dreams. No country, family, company, career, invention or job ever happened without visualization dreaming. So where would we be without dreams? Nowhere.

Willy Wonka knows all about this. Yeah, it's his fault I'm eating all this chocolate.

So let me quote my snobby friend on the egg shoot: 

"I want the world! 
I want the whole world! 
I want to wrap it all up in my pocket!
It's my ball of chocolate! 
Give it to me now."

Sweetly,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment