Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Think

"You better think, think!
Think about what you're tryin' to do to me
Yeah think, think, think!
Let your mind go on, let yourself be free"

Queen of soul--Aretha Franklin. (Courtesy of biography.com)
What are you thinking about? Seriously think about it. Because your thoughts are creating your life.
Ever thought about someone and they called you? Ever thought about a song or randomly started singing it and then you hear it on the radio? Not a coincidence. 

If your thoughts are fearful, fearful stuff is on its way. If your thoughts are loving, the good stuff is on its way. 

So I need to heed this, personally. I am in for some major spring cleaning in my mind. I'm throwing out all the judgments and grievances. All the emotionally charged mental formations about the past. What good can they do? They certainly aren't making me feel good. 

Feelings, too, can create more of the same feelings. It's the law of attraction. Like attracts like. A real physical law. Newton's Third Law of Motion to be exact. So what are we putting out there? Because it's coming right back. But these thoughts and feelings, they will creep up on you. So it takes a whole lot of present moment awareness or consciousness. 

"People walkin' round every day, 
playin' games and takin' scores,
tryin' to make other people lose their minds
well be careful that you don't lose yours"

This is my favorite Aretha Franklin song. But I don't know because sometimes I dance on tabletops when I hear Respect. 

Thoughtfully,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment