Sunday, December 16, 2012

Let It Snow

After posting yesterday's post, driving up a mountain, I was completely oblivious to what was happening in Connecticut. But here's what I have to say about it.

At the core of everything, is Life. Respect for it or love of it or complete disregard for it or hatred of it (which is ultimately hate for yourself if you hate another Life). So everything anybody does is either an affirmation/uplifting of Life or a degradation of it. It is choosing love or fear as a motivation for your actions.

This guy was obviously in an extremely fearful state, in the deepest recesses of insanity. This is what lack of love will produce..a murderous insanity and debilitating fearful dysfunction.

As someone who loves children, this event broke my heart. I don't have children but when I heard about this, I gave thanks for my future babies and held them close in my heart. I can't imagine what the parents of those children are going through, what the families of those killed are walking through right now.

And so, all I can do is send my heart's compassion to them. When one person suffers, the world suffers. We are all connected. I send those children and everyone involved as much love and light as I possibly can.

Why do these things happen? Only the Creator knows the details. But I choose to trust. Everything is connected, and our minds can't comprehend what this means.

On a different note, it is snowing here in Vail. Very cold outside. We're extremely blessed in our accommodations. I won't even get into that right now. It's too wonderful to even speak of at the moment.

But I'll say there is nothing like being here with some of your closest friends. My skiing is coming back to me. Jessie and I are sticking to greens, and I'm proud to say that I didn't fall once!

Well, I fell in the the bar during après because I walk like the monster of Frankenstein in my ski boots. Add a little melted snow on a tiled floor, and you've got yourself an ugly spill in front of 50 or so people packed in a little bar. People were saying "eeww" and "ooohhh" and a lot of laughing. So because I knew everyone was still watching, I did a little bow and thanked them for their accolades.

That's all you can do. It's like skiing down a steep slope. Let it happen. Let it be. No matter how embarrassing, how utterly disgusting and dark like the shooting in CT.

Let it snow.

It is what it is. Something will come of it. Be compassionate and loving to the people around you, and it will spread in a big ripple to those who have lost so much.

Now to practice what I preach...

Whitely,
Liza Jane









No comments:

Post a Comment