Saturday, December 22, 2012

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I work part time in retail, and I love the people I work with. I've worked here since May. After 9 months of Boo Radley behavior in my little house on the farm, I picked myself up and drove to a town close by, Greenwood.

Turns out the good people at Smith & Company needed somebody to help them out. All of a sudden, bata bing bata boom, I got a little work family. Plus getting to know Greenwood people, who have been very friendly.

This is my first work experience in retail, and I've loved working in a store during Christmas time. There is a solid sense of solidarity because of the high energy involved during this most wonderful time of the year. You get to see people smile when they buy something for someone they love, and you try to add to that cheer..

It's so laid back that big Jackson gets to come to work with me! And he loves all the attention he gets, lots of love to go around in here. And for a dog that was made for love, he has made a lot of friends. Not a surprise because that happens to be the friendliest creature made ever. He is making quite a name for himself here in Greenwood, pretty famous I would say. And has made a couple of sales.

I love this place, these people, this town...and it's been a spunky Christmas season working in retail! An experience I would recommend.

Living in the country can remove you from certain holidays but no, I work at Smith & Company, and I hear and see Christmas all the time.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Commercially,
Liza Jane













No comments:

Post a Comment