Friday, June 14, 2013

Big Green Tractor

We are definitely at the height of greenness down here in Mississippi.

It feels like we're at the height of heat, but I know that's probably not the case. But it feels like it.
Actually, today it's breezy...and a little itchy (I got attacked by ants while I was playing in the yard--I'm actually not joking. This is true). 


The corn is high (take a look over yonder and see for yourself), and the cotton is popping up. Right here in the middle of June, people's gardens are bearing the fruits of their labors. (Not me, I did not have time so stop judging).

We're just tucked and nestled into this green sanctuary. Green grass, green trees, green plants.

I'm really excited because I look at the figs coming in on my fig trees, and I say out loud to any raccoons that may be around, "They're mine this year! Don't even think about it. I can get violent. I did not take a non-violent oath."

Anyways, celebrating this green glory, I want to talk to you today about Chlorella, kids.

Chlorella is a form of green algae. Get this: it is 65% protein. Boom. Yeah, 15 grams of protein in a tablespoon. Bam. 

I'll stop now with the onomatopoeia. According to Kimberly Snyder, Spirulina is a pretty cool sister to Chlorella. It's a blue-green algae that's about 60% protein. They both contain essential amino acids. They're high in chlorophyll.


They rejuvenate the body. AND they ward off energy slumps! Hell yeah for me!
So how do you get Chlorella? Fresh greens, baby. Or if you are an athlete or travel a lot, you can get organic Chlorella in tablets at your local health food store, (Whole Foods Store has 'em). 

Organic Chlorella by Green Foods. Got these from Lisa. Active enzymes, nutrient dense, with stuff like Magnesium, Potassium (Rock Steady baby). 
Green queen in the big, green scene.

Green is good. Definitely my favorite color. So I'm smilin'.

Vitally,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment