Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best Medicine

Wash your hands.

Eat your vegetables.

Take your vitamin C.

Wear gloves and a mask.

It's the flu. I got sick. I haven't gotten the flu since I was a little chicklet living in Nashville. I can tell you that it's better when you're an able-bodied adult. But still, without going to the doctor, I can confirm that I got it. And right now, it is peacing out of here, and I have the energy to write this post. To warn you not to think about it anymore.

Someone mentioned the flu a couple of weeks ago, and I stopped and thought long and hard about why some people get the flu and some people just don't. What's worse--I thought about how lucky I am that I have not caught it in a long time. Do not do that. If you think about the flu for more than 5 minutes, it will be attracted to you like Bee Lake mosquitos to a back-porch light. I brought this upon myself in some way. Now I know never to think about anything I don't want ever again.

Or maybe I'll just cloister myself when the season comes around.

But anywho, I have gained some strength. I know why. Shoot--laughter really is the best medicine. After watching reruns of 30 Rock (was a little too fast-paced and clever for my ill and lethargic brain), I came to the conclusion that I should watch a funny video. A homemade video.

And then it dawned on me. You haven't seen W's birthday cake video. So perhaps you need a little healthy dose of laughing yourself.


Maybe it's just me, but hearing others laugh is like a chain reaction. I know it's not just me.

Health and happiness to you today. Feel good. Feel better. Laughter really is the best medicine.

Healthily,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment