Friday, April 20, 2012

Open Up

Today is a fabulous day so far. First off, it's Friday, which is the most wonderful day of the week. I've personally always been a Thursday person for some reason. I don't know what it is. Maybe I was preemptively anticipating Friday. But this Friday has been very lovely in particular. I went to Greenwood to meet my friend WST. I went early and got a little yoga class in at the Alluvian Spa. Then we both got massages. Feeling all happy and floppy inside, we went to Turnrow the bookstore across the street and ate lunch there. We enjoyed some more downtown action and took a nice drive all over town. I love looking at houses, and I love that WST knew that! She loves it too. I really respect and have grown to love the town of Greenwood. So much to appreciate there. All the people are really nice and friendly. I'm telling you, something is in the air in Greenwood, and I'm liking whatever it is. I don't think it's my endorphins via my massage talking. Or the chocolate I'm eating right now. I like it, I love it. 


Feeling good from Greenwood, I shot some of my magnolias in blooming action. The smell of these things is like Heaven dipped in velvet gold (?). That's literally what came out of my brain while I was typing. Anyway, the point is that I believe that the smell of magnolia flowers is my second if not my first favorite natural fragrance. The first being the smell of puppy breath. I'm just kidding. But I really do like puppy breath.  I also like lavender, which is what I was going to tell you was the first. But I think all three are tied. Anyway....
I've seen some funky live oaks, especially in New Orleans (even their trees are artsy, jazzy and funkier in general). And I just saw some in Greenwood. But I think this one is special probably because I look at it every day. 

Steel magnolia. Other buds waiting to open up. 

All up in that tree. 

And then my poor little orchid I let die a couple of months back. It's making a comeback, trying hard to open up. I've been watching this one for a while, and this has been a long opening process. But the buds look big now.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin 

I got that from my old yoga studio in Nashville's web site. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Happy weekend! Peace.

Budding,
Liza Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment