Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Caroline

Wow! 2 posts in one day! I'm on fire!

Or maybe just extremely inspired at the moment.

For the record, I do not hold that song favorably (pretty close to hate). Neil Diamond is it, I believe? A wise man once said, "There are two kinds of people in this world--those that like Neil Diamond and those that don't." - Bill Murray in What About Bob.


Off the subject of Neil Diamond, I had to use this title of this particular heinous song for a reason. There would have been no other way for me to use it, except for that I know someone named Caroline who is really sweet.

And also extremely talented. She is a true artist. I've mentioned her before, and she has been really supportive of my blog, which, for a scaredy cat like me, was not an easy thing to start doing. She's a kind person, an exceptional artist, and a really good friend. She inspires me. Truly truly.

Pieces from Carrie Potter's newest collection.

Caroline has named this new collection the Liza Jane Wildflower collection.
I am a little on the emotional side tonight because W is at a farmer's convention in Tunica. And being alone in the country is not like being alone in the city, although I would say that I'm pretty good at being alone. But that's besides the point. Seeing these stunning objects named after me gave me the goosebumps, and then gave me the teary eyes. It was just what I needed to see. One moment, you have the feeling as if you are very very alone, and the next you have a friend sending a big beautiful message of love and kindness to your attention. One moment, you feel a little like a frumpy housewife, and the next you have someone make you feel lit up with luster, shiny and polished again. Golden--like a really good friend.

I am humbly honored for these utterly gorgeous ceramics to be my namesake. And I hope this does not come off like I'm tooting my own horn, because if anybody's horn needs to be tooted, it's Caroline's horn. She is the one that crafted these magnificent pieces and has been gracious to call me her muse. Aren't they lovely? The girl is amazing for real.

Visit Caroline's website at www.carolinereehl.com. You can follow her at www.leavierose.blogspot.com. I love to follow her. The collection (tomorrow) and her work is available on Etsy.

The wildflower theme really speaks to my heart, as I hope people will still consider me a free spirit even if I have been tamed as of late. Maybe I'm a wildflower who has matured and grown stronger. 

I am grateful to Caroline tonight for making me feel like Liza Jane--for naming something so truly beautiful after me. I hope I can live up to the art. I'm not a wallflower, I'm a wildflower--always have been. So are you. 

Shiningly,
Liza Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment