Friday, October 26, 2012

Into the Mystic

I have been driving. I have been visiting. I have been working.  I have seen some gorgeous things that I want to share with you. 

Last weekend I went to my family's farm in Arkansas in the Ozark mountains. My grandparents are living there now, along with my cousin and his wife. We're a close-knit bunch so getting to spend time with everybody was wonderful. My other cousin got married in Conway. So happy I could be there for her. 

So here are some photos to soothe you here at the end of the week. I would prefer that you sing or hum or hear in your head the song "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. If you don't know it, shame on you. Just download it and all will be forgiven. 

Spending time in the woods--love the sun spots

Cousin Eric showing me his chicken coop

My grandmother chopping chives

Box of black apples from a neighboring farm

Grandmother Suey making lunch for us: this is called the Northfork Special. I don't mind sharing this coveted family secret, an easy and delicious lunch idea: one slice of homemade wheat bread spread with spicy mayo, chives and then shaved hardboiled egg sprinkled with salt and pepper and fresh parsely on top. So good.
Late afternoon view from the house on the hill 

A little lighter this time

Then I noticed some grazing deer and I tried to get a shot of them,  but I couldn't really see because the sun was in my face

Can't see them in this shot either but the topography is pretty

Changing leaves...Big House, barn and little egg house.

Another shot of the pond

And another one of the egg house and the changing colors on the moutains

Windmill and sunshine

They said the leaves had started changing four days before I got there. So happy I got to see all those colors. It was a special weekend.

This one will be special too. Looking forward to doing nothing at all. But who knows what it will actually hold? Into the mystic...

I hope you have a very merry weekend! See you on Monday!
Mystically,
Liza Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment